To speed up MXS file browsing on a windows client try the following possible fixes .
1 - Set the mounted vaults drive to General rather a particular type like photos or video .
Customize the appearance of a folder
To customize the appearance of a folder, follow these steps:
- Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the folder that you want to customize.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Customize tab, select the customization options you want to use for the folder.
Note The Customize tab is not available for special folders where Windows has already set their default appearances. But, you may be able to customize the folder picture for the Thumbnails view of some special folders by using the steps in the Manually create a folder picture section of this article.
2- Turn off Thumbnails caching , this will also help speed folder and drive listing of the vaults .
- Enter gpedit.msc in the search box and hit Enter.
- Expand User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components.
- Click on Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the entry "Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files" and choose Edit.
- Enable the setting.
3- MXFS Application its-self change the configuration for read blocks 16K and metadata caching time out for 16 seconds
These above hints should help speed things up in a MXFS workflow .