In order to enhance your experience with the utilization of MatrixStore File System (MXFS) on windows based systems, we suggest you the following configuration sets:
After mounting a drive with MXFS you may right click on it from your windows explorer, choose the tab "Customize" and change its Optimization to "General Items" also making sure it propagates to all subfolders, by ticking the option just below. This setting is similar in Windows 7 and Windows 10
This Windows feature it is called Customizing the Appearance of folder and it can be applied to any folder on your windows system.
Further references can be found here:
Turn off Thumbnails caching.
In order to do this you will need to:
- Enter gpedit.msc in the search box and hit Enter.
- Expand User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components.
- Click on Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the entry "Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files" and choose Edit.
- Enable the setting.
Change the following settings on your MXFS application:
- Making sure your vault in Unmounted, right click on it and choose Edit:
- After the options menu appears, use the following settings:
- Read blocks 16mb
- Metadata caching timeout for 16 seconds.
With this 3 steps the overall performance from your systems using MXFS workflows should be now enhanced regarding performance.
If you have any question about this article, please let us know.