- Deletes aren’t being forwarded.
There is an option in the Vault / Replication settings - check the Web Admin / Admin tool to see if deletes are being forwarded on the replication settings.
- Deletes are being forwarded, but haven’t yet been forwarded. This could be due to:
- a large number of objects have recently been written/deleted and all the changes haven’t been forwarded yet
- the communication pipe is too small for the amount of data being written
- the replication task is paused (check admin)
- replication task is set to run in a time window (check admin tool)
- Small differences can come from the MatrixStore system files - small files that are used for admin purposes - the destination vault could have more of these than the source vault.
- Someone has directly added a number of objects at the destination cluster, or the vault is used as a destination from more than just one source vault.
- The destination cluster could have a number of deleted files in its trash can.
- The destination cluster could have orphaned objects - objects that were written from the source cluster but were never indexed (e.g. replication stopped for some reason before the new object could be indexed).
- The destination cluster may have proxy generation enabled.